- This event has passed.
Digital Services Act 4 Startups
May 13 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
A new EU legislation impacting all digital services startups is coming – The Digital Services Act. Remember the discussions around GDPR implementation or Copyright? Now is your chance to be ahead of the game!
Join for a webinar discussion around the opportunities and potential challenges of the upcoming Digital Services Act.
- Constantijn van Oranje-Nassau (Techleap.nl),
- Prabhat Agarwal (European Commission),
- Kim van Sparrentak, (MEP GroenLinks)
- Jan Middendorp (MP, VVD)
- Judith Huisman, (founder MeetingSelect)
- Benedikt Blomeyer (Allied for Startups)
With a crisis hitting the world and startups hard, we need to make sure new legislation is aimed at supporting startups even more in the future. Dutch Startup Association, StartupAmsterdam, Considerati, Teachleap.nl and Allied for Startups will guide you through the challenges of the new legislation and share concrete action items to engage with policymakers at a national & EU level.
Why is this relevant for you?
The Digital Services Act will affect any platform hosting user-generated content which qualifies as hosting intermediary services. From social media platforms to rating & review platforms, and from web hosting platforms to online media sharing platforms, every digital services company will be impacted.
What’s at stake?
- The intermediary liability exemption for platforms hosting user-generated content – One set of simple, proportional and harmonised rules for all businesses in Europe
- The prohibition of the general monitoring of online content – No obligation to control all the content available on your platform
- The preservation of the country of origin and freedom of establishment principles – Do business from and to everywhere in Europe!
For more information about the topic, check out the concept startup community statement here!