- This event has passed.
July 9, 2018 - July 10, 2018100€ – 400€
The message. In spite of all the hype behind the technology, the industry and academia are basically following different approaches to address the same problem—of tamper-proof distributed databases (a.k.a., ledgers). Experience shows that there is no pure black and white, and thus it is wise for both rivals to learn from each other and join forces.
The aim. Educate people and bring researchers and engineers from academia, industry, and freelancers to sit together on the same table and try converge to the best of the technology.
Target audience. Chain-in is optimal to establish a comprehensive knowledge on Blockchains. Chain-in includes talks that are suitable for the general public and other more technical ones.
Subjects that will be covered:
- Blockchain Protocols (novel or not)
- Proof of “Something” methods
- Byzantine Fault Consensus Protocols
- Byzantine-based distributed ledgers
- Mining and Minting
- Legal implications
- Standardization and Interoperability
- Private, Federated, & Public Blockchains
- Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoins & Altcoins
- Blockchain consensus
- Applications & Use Cases for blockchains
- Economics of cryptocurrencies
- Test-beds and platforms
- Smart contracts
- Distributed Applications (DApps)
- Marketing in Blockchains
- Initial Coin Offering Issues
- People & Blockchains
- Governance, Censorship, and Regulation
- Societal aspects and nature